Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ralph Fiennes and Patti Smith


Okay, these are my last moment in sweet London with internet in my room.
Last night! Oh, it was fabulous. The performance of Oedipus was stunning.
It was a modern production with a revolving, tipping stage that started with Oedipus on top of the world and as his fortunes changed so did the tilt of the stage. Ralph Fiennes was fabulous with a clean shaven head as the ill fated son,brother.
Love the theatre here, we were 4 rows from the front.
Then, as we are leaving, Patti Smith walked right past me. I recognized her because I had catered her show in Madison ages ago, when she played there. She looked great, just the same, low key, same men's wear jacket, jeans and cowboy boots.

Just missed a train strike! The french trains were threatening to strike today but they have put it off til Friday. Welcome to Europe!

Its raining here in London, hopefully the sun will be out in Paris.

LOVE AND MISS YOU!

Now, just a bit more about the apartment thing, while I have a moment.
The divorce apartment is the colorful one with the brick wall. It was actually rather large for a Parisian apt. It was nice but, you could feel the vibe. It was sunny, but it had this awful wall paper that had been painted over. It looked like string with knots. It would take a lot of work to undo. But the other thing was that it had very low ceilings in the mezzanine, My head was like a half inch from scraping the ceiling. I think that lead to more friction ;-}. The kitchen without the apartment is the one with the 2 very large windows. It was gorgeous, typical and so small without a kitchen.

1 comment:

LDO said...

Test. My interesting post went where? ldo