Friday, October 24, 2008

butterfly wings


A couple of my best friends came over yesterday and we had tea. Amidst all my frantic clearing, culling and cleaning, a break. Gay gave me a Hello Kitty pad. Sara bought everything but the tea. I had invited them over never thinking to actually get anything to eat or drink! Knee deep in acquisitions turned to 'what the hell do we do with this', I was losing my mind.
I was so driven and intent on getting it done, that I didn't even realize how insane I was becoming.
Who invites someone over for tea and doesn't even know if they have tea!
The new kitchen is frighteningly neutral. I can't get used to it. Its gorgeous, clean and well organized but it's so new, so not mine. Every time I go in it I feel like its a hotel, which is odd because I don't tend to stay in hotels with kitchens, if such a thing even exists. Luckily Dick had left teabags on the brand new stove, for me. So, ah, yes, we had tea and I could find it! Gotta love that Dick ;-}.
Uh, anyway, I heat up a pan of water, having lost the kettle in boxes somewhere. And returned to our conversation. I had one of those meta moments where everything seems like a movie. I was happy to have my pals chatting amongst the boxes that would soon be be gone.
Got my pad out and used it today and I didn't realize until then that 'hello kitty' winked. Okay, so cool! ;-}. The weather is cold and rainy today and the Realtor came by. She was very honest and upbeat about selling, we agreed about trying to figure out the vagaries of the market at the moment, in other words, we'll clean up and out some more and make a decision next Friday. Dick and I absentee voted today and then I had a pomegranate martini and we split a sandwich at the Capitol Chophouse. Its a steak house, but it has some good non-steak stuff. They make this chopped salad that is soooo good and filling. Its dense! We just had to celebrate. The vote, the option to relax, the releasing of things. I feel myself growing butterfly wings, they are just little buds, but they are there, little nubs on my back.

No comments: