Thursday, October 9, 2008

wonderwall and paper cuts


Liz says: It is physical pain that really does ache when someone breaks your heart. The weird thing is that it can come from nowhere. Nowhere, in this case is eBay. I know I should have a thicker skin, I should be and do a lot of things. I have never been able to have a thick skin and meanness has always been able to soak right in like lotion on my skin. I was always too referred to as too sensitive, but you are what you are. My skin is too dry, too.
So, I was a fanatical Oasis collector. Oasis is a band, plain old guitar rock from England. Manchester to be specific. There was a lot of things I like about the music,snide and sweet at the same time.
Anyway, one of the things I have learned is how much fun it has been to sell my Oasis collection. At times, it was like I was giving Christmas presents to people I never met. They were happy, I was happy. things I had saved and cared for for 9 years were now bringing joy to other people all over. It was great.
Then, a couple of people tried to rob me, not with a gun but with negative feedback. They get on eBay and give you negative feedback for a transaction because they can and you can't do anything about it. It has become a place where the buyer can extort, try to corrupt you, steal from you and you cannot do anything about it. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 months. The last 2 times in the past week. One guy wanted me to insure my speakers which he bought for $400 for $1000. Surprise, surprise, when he got them, he claimed there was damage. I told him I would not lie about how much he paid for them. I can expect negative feedback from him.
Then there are the 2 from England who wanted more than was for sale, they both left negative feedback because I would not give them more for the same amount of money.
They all left feedback saying I was a ripoff, con. They sent abusive emails everyday.
Even though I have sold over a couple of hundred Oasis items, those three hurt my heart. I'm a sap. I shouldn't care. Boo,hoo. But even the tiniest cuts cause pain. Paper cuts come from nowhere and hurt like hell.
When I look a the photo of my wonderwall, I can think most of it went to good people with good hearts. The wonderwall has dissipated,the paper cuts will heal, and the mean people will wonder why the world is such a lousy place. At least that's my religion.

No comments: