Sunday, December 21, 2008

all pleased with myself or how friggin domestic






Liz says: Sitting here in my purple Wolford all pleased with myself. Having charted out the living room and tidied up some business with the Fixer, I just feel all yummy.
It was a lovely day, around 50 degrees, dull, not sunny, but not cold and not grey.
I'm happy that I have a new home and the kettle is warming for tea. Dick is busy behind his computer, taking care of something or looking at the news, or as he says 'dicking around'.
We had lunch with the Fixer and his pal, delightful, as usual. They had the gargantuan bloody Argentinean steaks and cleaned their plates. I don't know how they do it. I had about half of my huge hot goat chesse salad with bacon and onion soup. I can barely fit the tea in my tummy and its been 2 hours. Dick had the Cassoulet, he finished about half. We are still working on becoming french.
The Fixer says its metabolism and that angst burns off his calories. Give me Xiety! (If you don't get it watch High Anxiety, Mel Brooks).
We went to a restaurant we had been to previously, Chez Nadine on the Moffartard. The irrepressible owner is sweet and chatty, although she can speak about as much english as I can french. Still, she will talk to you, convince you to order her best dishes, even if it takes showing you press clippings, and charm the teeth right out of your head. I adore listening to her even though I haven't a clue what she is saying, she has that musical french la, la, la going on all while she is saying whatever it is, you just go ,"okay, whatever you want, my dear". Her husband must be a puddle. Actually, I'm retty sure he's the one in the chef's jacket who strolls through every now and then, saying one word and checking the scene.
She is love!
I took some photos of the market, which is at the fountain square, the aforementioned Place Monge. It was close to closing down, as it was already near 1 p.m or 13 Paris time ;-}. It has all sorts of fresh produce, fish and goods several days a week.
I also incuded some photos of the apartment.

No comments: