Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Blog maken


Liz says: Encouraged by Dick, I've decided to add a few words. Its Christmas eve and we are in the Amsterdam airport, I am evidently 'Blog maken'. Okay, Dutch is the hardest language I have heard to date. It stunned me when she, the flight attendant started to speak on the plane in dutch, I had never heard it before and it doesn't sound a thing like it looks. Somewhere between blurgs and bduch's, I cannot imagine trying this one!
I am judging my mental blur by playing scrabble and seeing how long it takes me to finish a game. We should walk around a little, I know, but all I want to do is sleep. We have been up since 5, the place is dull as warm milk and its foggy outside, so you can't see much past the parked planes. The Christmas music is driving me crazy, as usual! Soft calming music always makes me nuts! Judging singularly from the airport, the Dutch are no nonsense people. Everything is very clean, plentiful and straight-forward. Of course, its cruel to judge anyone from their airports ;-}. But, hey, that's where I am.
It is wonderful to hear the symphony of languages and accents, everyone is flying on Christmas Eve, so there are no expectations of getting anywhere on time or doing anything except waiting out the weather or whatever. It is evidently blowing hard in the States, so, maybe we will get to Minneapolis, or maybe we will be stuck in Amsterdam. Be careful what you ask for, it just might be funny!

No comments: